North Side High School Athletic Hall of Fame Nominations
Criteria for Membership
- The person must be a graduate of North Side High School.
- Moral character, good citizenship, and academic performance during high school and post high school years will be a consideration.
- Nominees into the North Side High School Hall of Fame will have graduated ten or more years ago.
- Although athletic achievement while attending North Side is of prime importance, outstanding accomplishments after leaving North may also be a factor in making the selection.
- Three years must elapse after completion of their tenure as a coach at North Side before consideration is given for selection.
- They must be examples of good character and citizenship.
- The following factors will influence selection of a coach:
- Number of years of coaching at North
- Record while coaching at North Side
- Contributions to their respective sport and the North Side High School athletic program
- The individual has made an outstanding contribution to North Side High School athletic programs.
- The individual has had a significant impact on the athletic program for North Side.
- Distribute nomination forms & questionnaires - year round
- Collect information on nominees - year round
- Deadline for nominations –March 15
- Hall of Fame selection committee meets – March/April
- Hall of Fame Ballots go out to Alumni Association Members and past Hall of Fame Inductees – May 1
- New Inductees notified – May/June
- Order plaques and awards – May/June
- Announce award winners to the media – June/July
- Awards presentation – Football Game and breakfast the next morning
- The Alumni office will provide the Athletic Hall of Fame committee members with copies of the current nomination forms and all other information prior to the selection meeting.
- Between April 30 and May 31, the Athletic Hall of Fame committee will screen and discuss each nominee.
- A ballot will be sent to all Alumni members and Hall of Fame members to vote on their ten choices.
- No more than 10 will be chosen. A candidate must get at least 70% of the votes.
- Inductees will be announced in mid July.
- Anyone who wishes to get a ballot to vote on the Hall of Fame must be a member of the Alumni Association by May 1st.
Remember, if you wish to have a person on the nomination list, you must have the nomination form in to the Alumni Office by March 15. Check the list above to see who has already been nominated.