North Side High School Athletic Hall of Fame
The North Side High School Athletic Hall of Fame award recognizes and honors outstanding achievements of athletes, coaches, and others who have made significant contributions to the athletic program and have been instrumental in promoting the growth of athletics at North Side High School.
Criteria for Membership
- The person must be a graduate of North Side High School.
- Moral character, good citizenship, and academic performance during high school and post high school years will be a consideration.
- Nominees into the North Side High School Hall of Fame will have graduated ten or more years ago.
- Although athletic achievement while attending North Side is of prime importance, outstanding accomplishments after leaving North may also be a factor in making the selection.
- Three years must elapse after completion of their tenure as a coach at North Side before consideration is given for selection.
- They must be examples of good character and citizenship.
- The following factors will influence selection of a coach:
- Number of years of coaching at North
- Record while coaching at North Side
- Contributions to their respective sport and the North Side High School athletic program
- The individual has made an outstanding contribution to North Side High School athletic programs.
- The individual has had a significant impact on the athletic program for North Side.
- Distribute nomination forms & questionnaires - year round
- Collect information on nominees - year round
- Deadline for nominations –March 15
- Hall of Fame selection committee meets – March/April
- Hall of Fame Ballots go out to Alumni Association Members and past Hall of Fame Inductees – May 1
- New Inductees notified – May/June
- Order plaques and awards – May/June
- Announce award winners to the media – June/July
- Awards presentation – Football Game and breakfast the next morning
- The Alumni office will provide the Athletic Hall of Fame committee members with copies of the current nomination forms and all other information prior to the selection meeting.
- Between April 30 and May 31, the Athletic Hall of Fame committee will screen and discuss each nominee.
- A ballot will be sent to all Alumni members to vote on their top ten.
- No more than 10 will be chosen. A candidate must get at least 70% of the votes.
- Inductees will be announced in mid July.
- Anyone who wishes to get a ballot to vote on the Hall of Fame must be a member of the Alumni Association by May 1st.